After painting two initial blocks, I went ahead and cut out the rest of the blocks for the quilt. I arranged them as they will be in the finished piece and added some black border material just to get an idea of how it would look. I want to get another black fabric for the final piece though. The fabric in the picture is too, “fibery” and catches every little dust mote.
I have decided that I will be updating this blog on a monthly basis from now on, for two reasons. One, I don’t have the time to do a weekly blog. And two, quilting is a slow process. I don’t have new and exciting things to write about everyday, or work to show everyday. And I am beginning to feel like I’m rushing the work to satisfy the blog. So a monthly newsletter it shall be.